Heart Center – Full-service cardiac care
The Heart Center Co. located in Tampere, Finland, is a modern multi-disciplinary team organisation built around patient care. We provide a seamless, high-value care environment for patients requiring advanced evaluation and treatment. We utilize modern technology in cardiology as well as in cardiac and thoracic surgery - including remote magnetic navigation in treatment of cardiac arrhythmias as well as video-assisted endoscopies and robotic surgeries. We serve also patients coming outside Finland. The Heart Center Co. operates in connection with Tampere University Hospital.
Areas of expertise - main focus
Cardiology - Diagnostics and therapy
- Coronary artery disease - coronary angiograms, percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) and various cardiac interventional techniques (IVUS, OCT, FFR, rotablation)
- Non-invasive cardiology – cardiac ultrasound (incl. 3-D. TEE), Holter, exercise testing, CT, MRI, PET-CT
- Cardiac arrhythmias:
- invasive electrophysiology: catheter ablation techniques (atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardias, supraventricular tachycardias, WPW) – using modern technology such as magnetic robotic navigation, Carto, Ensite
- pacemaker therapies (incl. ICD, CRT-P, CRT-D)
- Acquired valvular and congenital heart diseases : TAVI –procedures, atrial sepal defect and left atrial appendix closure
Cardiac and thoracic surgery
- On-pump and off-pump coronary artery bypass crafting, heart valve repairs and replacement procedures, mini-invasive heart-valve procedures, reconstructions for aortic disease
- Invasive diagnostics and treatment of lung, mediastinal and pleural disease
- Video assisted (VATS) and robotic assisted thoracic surgery (RATS)
- Operative treatment of oesophageal neoplasia in collaboration with gastroenterologeal surgeons
- Multidisciplinary approach in thoracic neoplasia
- Tertiary trauma care
For any cardiac issue, don't hesitate to make an appointment for private consultation with an experienced Heart Center physician.
For appointment, please call +358 50 573 6875 or write a message to yksityisvastaanotto(at)sydankeskus.fi.